In 2017 Kraken changed its name from Kraken Sonar Systems Inc. to Kraken Robotics Inc. to help reflect Kraken’s continued growth as it evolved from manufacturing sensors to supplying complete robotic systems, software, and services in the global Unmanned Maritime Systems (UMS) market.View Highlights
This year also saw the expansion of two offices in Germany, Kraken Robotik GmbH in Rostock and Kraken Power GmbH in Bremen.
- Nov 2017 – Awarded contract to develop underwater sensors & robotics to advance digitalization of integrated operations within offshore oil & gas sector
- Oct 2017 – Announced partnership with Avitas Systems, a GE Venture, to advance subsea robotic inspection
- Oct 2017 – Appointed retired Admiral Michael J. Connor, United States Navy, to Kraken Board of Directors
- Sep 2017 – Announced public company name change to Kraken Robotics Inc. (from Kraken Sonar Inc.)
- Sep 2017 – Announced historic Avro Arrow discovery using Kraken technology
- Sep 2017 – Awarded multiple SAS sensor contract from Ocean Infinity
- Aug 2017 – Awarded contract with Atlas Elektronik of Germany to integrate our SAS sensor on their AUV
- Aug 2017 – Announced addition of key team members at Kraken Robotik GmbH
- Jul 2017 – Announced Avro Arrow search job with OEX Recovery Group, first RaaS contract
- Jul 2017 – Kraken takes delivery of THUNDERFISH® AUV from Fraunhofer
- Jun 2017 – Awarded contract from ECA Robotics of France for our SAS sensor for their AUV
- Jun 2017 – Announced teaming agreement with Atlas Elektronik GmbH. Partnering on Canadian RMDS program and the large Indian Navy MCM bid.
- Jun 2017 – Announced support in sea trials for Belgian and Dutch navies. Kraken SAS was on Atlas SeaCat AUV and an AUV from an unnamed Israeli company.
- May 2017 – Announced $0.8M grant from Newfoundland’s Research and Development Corporation for underwater robotics development
- May 2017 – Announced strategic investment in ENITECH Subsea GmbH of Rostock, Germany and renamed Kraken Power GmbH.
- May 2017 – Exited minority investment in Square Robot Inc.
- Apr 2017 – Completed $2.1M equity raise for Kraken Robotics Inc.
- Apr 2017 – Kraken Robotik GmbH awarded its first contract, to build a custom 6000m version of SeaVision from the Alfred Wegener Institute
- Mar 2017 – Finalized exclusive licensing agreement with Fraunhofer ISOB for underwater robotics
- Mar 2017 – Received $1.5M grant from Canadian government for underwater robotics development
- Mar 2017 – Announced SeaVision™ 3D Laser System, the world’s first RGB underwater laser imaging system.
- Mar 2017 – Announced partnership to supply SAS sensors to US-based Riptide Autonomous Solutions.
- Mar 2017 – KATFISH™ completes successful sea trials
- Jan 2017 – German subsidiary, Kraken Robotics GmbH, begins operations.