In 2019, Kraken announced its launch of the OceanVision™ project with funding support from Canada’s Ocean Supercluster.View Highlights
OceanVision™ is a three-year, $18 million project focused on the development of new marine technologies and products to enable an underwater data acquisition and analytics as a service business. OceanVision™ accelerates Kraken’s strategy from sensors and system sales to becoming an integrated provider of Robotics as a Service (RaaS) and Data as a Service (DaaS).
- Dec 2019 – Kraken Acquires Remaining 25% of Kraken Power
- Nov 2019 – Kraken Announces Major Subsea Battery Milestone With Ocean Infinity
- Oct 2019 – Kraken Receives $750,000 of Innovation Funding
- Oct 2019 – Kraken Notified of Successful Bid on International Mine Hunting Upgrade Program
- Sep 2019 – Kraken Awarded $2.9 Million KATFISH Contract from ThayerMahan Inc.
- Sep 2019 – Kraken Launches OceanVision Project
- Aug 2019 – Kraken Awarded $2 Million Deep Sea Battery Contract
- Aug 2019 – Kraken Awarded $1.8M in Project Funding to Develop Mooring Chain Laser Inspection Sensor
- Jul 2019 – Announced appointment of Joe MacKay to CFO, Greg Reid to COO, Dave Shea to Senior VP Engineering, Tina Sainsbury to VP Finance
- Jun 2019 – Announced conditional approval of funding for $20M Ocean Supercluster Project called OceanVision
- Jun 2019 – Awarded $0.9M FCT contract from US Navy for SAS for 2 man-portable AUV
- Jun 2019 – Awarded $2.1M KATFISH contract from ThayerMahan Inc.
- Jun 2019 – Established Unmanned Maritime Vehicles Facility at COVE in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Apr 2019 – Awarded $0.6M contract for subsea battery solution for military customer
- Apr 2019 – Awarded $1M funding contribution to support initial phase of OceanVision project
- Apr 2019 – Awarded $1M contract for ThunderFish AUV from Government of Canada
- Mar 2019 – Announced AquaPix MINSAS-240 sensor
- Mar 2019 – Received $2.3M from exercise of warrants by Ocean Infinity
- Feb 2019 – Awarded $1.7M contract from Ocean Infinity
- Jan 2019 – Awarded $0.5M contract under Canada’s Defence Innovation Research Program
- Jan 2019 – Announced completion of majority acquisition of Kraken Power GmbH