- Sep 2017 – Announced public company name change to Kraken Robotics Inc. (from Kraken Sonar Inc.)
- Sep 2017 – Announced historic Avro Arrow discovery using Kraken technology
- Sep 2017 – Awarded multiple SAS sensor contract from Ocean Infinity
- Aug 2017 – Awarded contract with Atlas Elektronik of Germany to integrate our SAS sensor on their AUV
- Aug 2017 – Announced addition of key team members at Kraken Robotik GmbH
- Jul 2017 – Announced Avro Arrow search job with OEX Recovery Group, first RaaS contract
- Jul 2017 – Kraken takes delivery of THUNDERFISH® AUV from Fraunhofer
- Jun 2017 – Awarded contract from ECA Robotics of France for our SAS sensor for their AUV
- Jun 2017 – Announced teaming agreement with Atlas Elektronik GmbH. Partnering on Canadian RMDS program and the large Indian Navy MCM bid.
- Jun 2017 – Announced support in sea trials for Belgian and Dutch navies. Kraken SAS was on Atlas SeaCat AUV and an AUV from an unnamed Israeli company.
- May 2017 – Announced $0.8M grant from Newfoundland’s Research and Development Corporation for underwater robotics development
- May 2017 – Announced strategic investment in ENITECH Subsea GmbH of Rostock, Germany and renamed Kraken Power GmbH.
- May 2017 – Exited minority investment in Square Robot Inc.
- Apr 2017 – Completed $2.1M equity raise for Kraken Robotics Inc.
- Apr 2017 – Kraken Robotik GmbH awarded its first contract, to build a custom 6000m version of SeaVision from the Alfred Wegener Institute
- Mar 2017 – Finalized exclusive licensing agreement with Fraunhofer ISOB for underwater robotics
- Mar 2017 – Received $1.5M grant from Canadian government for underwater robotics development
- Mar 2017 – Announced SeaVision™ 3D Laser System, the world’s first RGB underwater laser imaging system.
- Mar 2017 – Announced partnership to supply SAS sensors to US-based Riptide Autonomous Solutions.
- Mar 2017 – KATFISH™ completes successful sea trials
- Jan 2017 – German subsidiary, Kraken Robotics GmbH, begins operations.
- Dec 2016 – Announced hire of Jeff Bartkowski, Director of Business Development
- Nov 2016 – Announced addition of Shaun McEwan to Board of Directors
- Nov 2016 – Announced $0.5M grant from Canadian government for autonomous LARS development.
- Oct 2016 – Announced addition of Larry Puddister to Board of Directors
- Sep 2016 – Signed MOU with Fraunhofer to license and develop 6000M AUVs that would include a full suite of Kraken sensors.
- Aug 2016 – Completed $1.1M non-brokered private placement
- Jun 2016 – Kraken and Square Robot Inc. sign strategic partnership agreement for confined area inspection robots.
- May 2016 – Announced $0.4M proceeds for major European defense contractor
- Apr 2016 – Announced contract for 6000M rated sensor with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- Feb 2016 – Announce to supply Elbit Systems of Israel with KATFISH™ product
- Feb 2016 – Announce $0.5M grant from Canadian government for KATFISH™ development.
- Jan 2016 – Opened Nova Scotia Handling Systems division to focus on launch and recovery systems. Staffed by ex-Rolls Royce Marine engineers.
- Dec 2015 – Release SOUNDPIX for next generation seabed mapping in conjunction with Caris limited.
- Nov 2015 Acquired technology and IP from Marine Robotics Inc.
- Nov 2015 – Awarded $750,000 grant from Newfoundland’s RDC to fund KATFISH™ development.
- Nov 2015 – Announced awarded $1.5M order from major defense contractor for KATFISH™
- Aug 2015 – Announced $0.4M sensor contract wit ECA Robotics of France
- Aug 2015 – Kraken and TriTech announce AQUATRAK® correlation velocity log (CVL) product, a derivative of Kraken’s SAS technology, targeted at the oil and gas sector for ROVs.
- Jul 2015 – Announce addition of Dr. Tom Tureaud and Gina Miller as VP Underwater Systems and Project Manager.
- Jun 2015 – Announce addition of Greg Reid as CFO
- Apr 2015 – Established US-subsidiary, Kraken Underwater Systems, LLC.
- Mar 2015 – Announce delivery of first 6000M rated MINSAS sensor to Fraunhofer Institute
- Mar 2015 – Announce addition of Roman Kocur to Board of Directors
- Mar 2015 – Announces $0.5M grant from Canadian government for INSAS sensor development.
- Feb 2015 – Kraken Sonar Systems Inc. completes RTO of Anergy Capital to become publicly traded company (Kraken Sonar Inc. on TSX-V).
- October 2014 – Completed $2.3M private placement
- August 2014 – Kraken named to MTR 100
- June 2014 – Announced that chosen to provide technology and expertise for the search for the lost Franklin mission ships in the Canadian artic.
- May 2014 – Delivered RTSAS to Australia’s Defense Science and Technology Organization (DSTO)
- May 2014 – Delivered AquaPix® SAS to DRDC in Canada.
- Kraken announced the AquaPix® MINSAS, a next generation Miniature Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Sonar designed for smaller diameter AUVs.
- Oct 2013 – Announced world’s first synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) priced under US$150,000
- Aug 2013 – Kraken named to MTR 100
- Aug 2013 – Kraken announced DataPod product
- May 2013 – Announced delivery of InSAS product to DSTO Australia
- May 2013 – Completed successful trials with U.S. Navy’s Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)
- Feb 2013 – Kraken and Triton Imaging announce OEM agreement to bundle Triton software with Kraken’s SAS
- Jan 2013 – Awarded Canadian government grant to support development of correlation velocity log (CVL)
- Dec 2012 – Kraken acquires SAS IP from Marport Deep Sea Technologies Inc.
- Sep 2012 – Kraken Sonar Systems Inc. established as a spin-out of Marport with 8 employees to commercialize synthetic aperture sonar.
- Jan 2011 – Hardware development of AquaPix® SAS sensor begins at Marport. INSAS signal processing software (INSIGHT) was developed in parallel.